Friday, July 28, 2006

 
THANK YOU FOR SMOKING
8/10
Wow! What a great start to the film festival. Had a great time watching Thank You For Smoking which was a tongue in cheek comedy where the protaganist is the american cigarette industry's main lobbyist. His job is to defend cigarettes and does a great job doing so. It's a little weird taking the side of the guy who you know is fighting for the wrong side. Lots of familiar faces in this film too; Wiliam H. Macy, Rob Lowe, Robert Duvall, Katie Holmes, etc - will definitely need to be doing some IMDB checks to try and recall where I've seen some of them before. Highly recommended, hopefully I havent hit my highlight for the festival in the first film this year :-).

Comments:
My blog for this year - http://timchuma.com/miff2006/

I just wanted a funny name for my blog and for people to stop asking me questions about the festival - two in one!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?