Saturday, August 05, 2006

 
TWELVE AND HOLDING
8/10
Really enjoyable film about three 12 year old friends and how they cope with the problems in their lives, particularly after a tragic accident befalls the brother of one of them. This film had a similar kind of feel to it that The Ice Storm did, though with a different story. Yet another high score for a film at MIFF this year.

CLIMATES
5/10
This was a fairly last minute whim, so I was unsure what to expect. The first line of the film (after several minutes of watching a woman's face as she watches her husband take photos of some ruins was "Am I boring you?". I never use the word languid in everyday life, but I can't think of a better way to describe this film, where not very much happens, and ultimately for me, it wasn't in an entirely good way. There's nothing wrong with this type of film - I loved '3 Iron' last year, but in this case, I just didn't really get into what little story there was on offer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?